We invite you to be a part of this meaningful journey to Israel where we will focus on fostering solidarity, offering support, facilitating a rich learning experience, and engage with a varied cross-section of the Israeli population whose lives have been profoundly and irrevocably affected by the consequences of this war.
Volunteering, Academic Engagements at Hebrew U, and much more!
- War update and briefing with Amos Harel
- Meet with Israeli-Arab TV Presenter, Lucy Aharish
- Geo-political tour of Gaza Envelope with Grisha Yakubovich
- Visit The Square of the Kidnapped and Missing
- Meeting with Dr. Roni Mikel Ariel, who will speak to us about her nationwide involvement with the gathering of testimonies and evidence related to the October 7th massacre.
- Meeting with Professor Alexander Yakobson, who will speak with us about Israel’s military response to October 7th and its justification in terms of international law.
- Meet Osi, one of Ofakim’s “Culinary Queens”
- Morning lecture with Yoseph Haddad, Volunteer with Leket Israel
- Wine tastings at Vitkin Winery
- Druze home hospitality experience, including cooking and dinner preparation
The Florence Melton School of Adult Jewish Learning engages adult learners in a life-enhancing study of Jewish texts and ideas that nurtures and deepens Jewish community worldwide. Inventor and activist Florence Zacks Melton z”l (1911-2007) envisioned and endowed The Florence Melton Institute in 1986 as a project of the Melton Centre at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Any questions? Please email Dina Wachtel at email@example.com.