Biblical Hebrew – Elementary Level – Online Course (48800 / SPLA012)
As a result of the great success in its virtual version this summer, Rothberg International School of Hebrew U is happy to announce the opening of a Fall session (Oct. 19 – Dec. 23, 2020) of the highly popular BIBLICAL HEBREW course.
Joining this online course will enable interested students around the world to remain engaged with Hebrew U in Jerusalem, despite COVID-19, while continuing with their degree studies at their home universities.
- Delve into the phonology and morphology of the Biblical Hebrew language.
- Cover the fundamentals of syntax of Biblical Hebrew.
- Read Biblical passages with the aid of a lexicon.
Using modern methods of linguistic instruction, this course is designed to provide you with a sufficient knowledge of Biblical Hebrew grammar, syntax, and vocabulary to read Biblical prose with the aid of a dictionary. Intended for beginners who are students of Hebrew, the Bible, or theology, this course is approximately equivalent in scope to a first-year university course in Biblical Hebrew.
The Fall 2020 Virtual Biblical Hebrew (Elementary level) course description can be found by clicking here.
Dr. Barak Dan
- INSTRUCTOR: Dr. Barak Dan
- LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION: English
- ACADEMIC HOURS: 150
- COURSE DATES: October 19th – December 23rd 2020
- COURSE TIMETABLE: Monday – Thursday, 6:00 am- 9:00 am EST.
- COST: Application fee (US$ 80) – Tuition fee (US$ 1,700)
Registration is open, click here to apply.
Applications are being accepted through September 28th, 2020.
Questions? Contact Rothberg Summer Program staff at email@example.com.