The Canadian Friends of the Hebrew University is dedicated to supporting the Institute for Medical Research Israel – Canada (IMRIC) through direct funding and by developing key collaborative medical research partnerships between Canada and Israel.
IMRIC’s world-renowned researchers - Israel’s most brilliant medical and scientific minds - are unlocking the mysteries of the genes and proteins that control fundamental processes in living cells. They are developing and applying innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing medical problems. They are changing your life - and the world - for the better.
CFHU is raising $50 million to harness the incredible talent of IMRIC researchers and their Canadian counterparts. Please help us achieve this goal.
Our 2011 campaign was the Virtual Marathon for Medical Research (VMMR). Thank you to all the sponsors, participants, and supporters. To view the race videos and learn about the 10 avatars and causes they were raising funds for, please visit www.imric-virtualmarathon.com.
RESEARCH, INNOVATIONS and LICENCING
- More than 90 research centres and approximately 4,428 ongoing research projects
- Nearly 20% of research conducted at HU is eventually commercialized within the high-tech industry
INNOVATIONS: A SAMPLING
- Exelon®- FDA-approved drug for treating Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Doxil® - An anti-cancer drug with an innovative delivery system
- Periochip® - A sustained release delivery system for treatment of periodontal diseases
- SBT (Skeletal Bio-Therapy) Ltd. - Regenerates cartilage, tendon and ligament tissue
- EyeQ Chip - A processing system that analyzes signals from car-mounted cameras to warn drivers of potential road hazards developed by MobilEye
- BioCancell Therapeutics, Inc. developed a patient-oriented, targeted therapy for diagnosis and treatment of many types of cancer
- Cherry tomatoes and long shelf-life tomatoes — the world’s most popular cocktail hybrids that revolutionized the fresh market industry
Yissum promotes the transfer of Hebrew University technology for the benefit of society, while maximizing returns to support research, education and scientific excellence. Yissum’s revenues place HU among the top 15 universities worldwide.
By choosing Hebrew U, you will also be supporting:
- Israel's premier academic institution, one that plays a critical role in Jerusalem's economic and cultural life and fosters Israel's best and brightest minds
- The world's leading resource in Jewish studies, and a dynamic Jewish heritage of knowledge, learning, and dialogue
- The next generation of Israeli leaders and professionals
- A multicultural institution that fosters ties between Israeli and Diaspora Jews and promotes tolerance, pluralism, peace and understanding in the Middle East and around the world
To learn more about IMRIC please visit www.imric.org